Pathways for Aging performs comprehensive in-home assessments to provide an objective assessment of the home environment and functional status of your loved ones or clients. Assessments and all services are provided in the home of the older adult whether they live in a private residence, senior apartments or skilled nursing facility. A comprehensive assessment includes:
- physical abilities, limitations, hazards in the home, and safety
- ability to function physically or cognitively in the home
- cognitive ability, decision-making capacity & memory loss
- mental and emotional health status including Depression, Anxiety, and Dementia
- financial, eligibility for entitlement programs, health & long-term care insurance and legal needs
- community and emotional support network
- a written, comprehensive biopsychosocial assessment of the older adult or couple
- professional recommendations and options for loved ones
From this Family Conference YOU can choose any of three different paths for our continued help:
- Engage us as the Care Manager for your Loved One – We will meet regularly with your loved one, based on the recommendations provided in the Assessment, assuring their complete care. We will coordinate any additional care needed by your loved one, always remaining in contact with you for direction and awareness. You can continue to provide care for your parent, but without the worry of knowing if they are safe and enjoying the most positive quality of life for their abilities.
- Coaching – You may find it best to work with us on a consultancy basis, where we continue to coach and guide you as you care for your loved one. We can provide this personalized guidance through phone consultations, email responses or in-person on an as-needed basis.
- Support As-Needed – You may choose to take our Recommendations and handle them on your own, or with other family members. Rest assured, we are just a phone call away, should you need any additional help, guidance or resources.
This assessment can often be used to support the whether the older adult can live in the community or is in need of senior housing, as well as qualify their application for government benefits, veterans benefits or in making financial planning recommendations.
Comprehensive In-Home assessments include a written report and family conference/feedback.
Contact us at 314-395-7560 to schedule a personalized, professional consultation and in-home assessment.